Cardio is almost a dreaded word in any gym. But it’s proven effective in helping with weight-loss so that’s why many gym-goers tend to drag themselves to a treadmill after a workout. But what if your next cardio session didn’t have to involve running at all?
Break out of your routine with the following drills from Training Club Trainer, Becca DeVries. These exercises will help you blast fat and improve your fitness quickly The best part: You won’t have to find ways to distract yourself during these workouts—you’ll be too busy getting in shape.
Becca’s Top Cardio Drills
Pointers to keep in mind:
- The length of the rope is crucial. Stand on the center of the rope with your feet together and hold the ends up against your sides. The handles should come within a few inches of your armpits.
- Jump just high enough for the rope to clear your feet. If you jump too high, you’ll tire faster and put added pressure on your feet, ankles, knees, and lower back.
Bosu Mountain Climbers
- Place your hands on a BOSU, roughly 18 to 24 inches apart.
- Extend your legs behind you in a pushup position with your body forming a straight line from your neck to your ankles.
- Raise your right foot off the floor, and bring your right knee up toward your chest, then lower it. That’s one rep.
- Repeat with the left leg, and continue alternating as fast as possible until you’ve done 10 to 15 reps with each leg.
Bosu Squat Jumps
- Place your hands together and pull your elbows against your body.
- Bend your knees until your upper thighs are at least parallel to the floor, and then explosively jump onto the BOSU Ball.
- Step or jump down. That’s one rep.
Bosu Shuffle Steps
- Side step onto the Bosu starting with your leg facing the inside of the BOSU.
- Step down using the opposite leg.
- Repeat for time.
- Grip both ends of the rope and stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, with your knees slightly bent.
- Keeping your elbows parallel to each other, lift both your hands and lower them, creating a parallel wave pattern.
- Repeat this motion, making bigger and bigger patterns.