There’s something comforting about pancakes. Remember waking up to the smell wafting through the air and not caring how much syrup you drizzled on your plate.
What if you could treat every day as a lazy Sunday morning? And you didn’t have to sacrifice your health goals to make your fluffy, carby dreams a reality.
Try Becca’s grown-up version of your childhood favorite with these protein-packed pancakes that use ingredients you probably have on hand!
Becca’s Protein Packed Pancakes
- 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder of Choice (We used Orgain Vegan Protein Powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Natural sweetener (optional)
- Mix liquid egg whites and protein powder together with a spatula. (Mix by hand for a slightly lumpy batter or, if you prefer, use a blender to achieve a smoother consistency.)
Stir in the baking powder.
- Continue to stir as you add in the cinnamon. Add as little or as much as you like—even add a little natural sweetener such as Stevia or honey if you want.
- Slowly add almond milk. Start with 1/4 cup and add from there. Just be sure to keep the batter thick!
- Turn your stove on medium heat. Pour in the batter (it should be thick) and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Flip your pancake, and lower the heat a little bit.
- Cook until desired fluffiness, and let cool.
- Top with your favorite toppings of choice.
Amount per serving
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbs10 g
Protein 23 g