Ever find yourself wondering what your trainers at Elite Sport & Fitness eat on a daily basis? What would you say about their diet? Enter our new series, “Day in the Life.” Each week, you will get you a completely honest look at what makes the cut in your favorite Elite Trainers’ shopping carts. Plus, an inside look at their diet and favorite foods.
Trevor (TJ) Bertlesman knows his way around the weight room. But not only can he cook your abs in a Training Club class; he can also whip you up a six-pack in the kitchen as well.
During the week, TJ sticks to a clean diet of mostly organic, farm-raised products. He’s a busy guy so for TJ eating on the go between training sessions is pretty essential. A typical day of eating for TJ is:
- 7am- Protein shake and apple.
- 10am- Mixed nuts
- 12 pm – Leftovers from the night before. Meat and veggies.
- 230 pm- Chips and salsa. Or cottage cheese. Or mixed nuts.
- 630 pm- Meat and veggies. Chx. Or steak. Or pork chop. Cauliflower. Broccoli. Brussel sprouts. Or sweet pots. And/or salad.
- 9pm- Granola bar or protein bar. Maybe if he’s hungry.
Since his diet relies on fresh food so frequently he doesn’t limit his grocery trips to once a week. For the Bertlesman family, food shopping is bi-weekly affair. Here’s what TJ always makes sure he has stocked in his cart.
TJ’s Grocery Necessities:
- almond milk (half gallon)
- farm raised eggs (2 dozen)
- Ezekiel bread or multi grain bread
- almond butter
- turkey sausage
- steak or pork
- sweet potatoes
- bag of mini peppers
- grape tomatoes
- feta cheese
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- 5 gallon of water
These essential items help TJ meal prep to always have healthy, fresh prepared foods on hand. His favorites to have on hand – grilled chicken, sweet potatoes sliced and grilled, baked garlic Brussel sprouts.
Eating clean is a habit for TJ but he makes room for fun . While the majority of his choices are healthy, he treats himself to a cheat meal two to three times a month. His weaknesses – pizza and wings.
Who do you want to see up next? Let us know in the comments below!